Covid-19 precautions and procedures
The Trainer’s Table falls under the Arkansas Department of Health guidelines found here and additional recommendations here. We’ve also reviewed and continue to keep up with guidelines and recommendations from the CDC, WHO, AMBP(Associated Bodywork & Massage Therapy), and AMTA (American Massage Therapy Association)
Overall, the current environment didn’t change our cleaning much at all because we have always taken cleaning and disinfection seriously.
Here are a few of the specific things we are doing:
We reviewed the Clean vs. Disinfect/Sanitize vs. Sterilize procedures for each of our cleaning products. Most commonly, this is to allow product to sit for 1-10 minutes before wiping off, depending on the product
Cloth face cradle covers are to be stored in a separate room and brought out for each client. At the end of a session, the used face cradle cover will go into one of our towel warmers with UV light for 30 minutes before being stored in a covered container for the remainder of the day. The same procedure applies to masks that we loan to customers.
FIRST TIME CUSTOMERS
Please fill out the client information, health background, liability waiver and policy notification before your session. You can do this at the time you book your appointment.
DAY OF THE APPOINTMENT
- Complete Online Check-in
- Our doors are locked and windows tinted, but we can see you. On nice days, we’ll set a chair outside, but we don’t expect you to be waiting.
- Your therapist will greet you at the door and let you in.
- You will be given hand sanitizer and a mask, if you do not already have one.
- We MAY take your temperature. We strongly encourage anyone with an appointment to take their temperature prior and cancel if above 100. We certainly don’t want to turn anyone away at the door. Please see the contact tracing details. An infected client can shut us down and force us to reschedule other clients. Please be respectful.
Check-in questions per Arkansas Department of Health: Any positive answer is a reason to postpone/reschedule your appointment.
- Have you had a temperature of 100.4 F or greater in the last 2 days?
- Do you have a cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat or loss of taste or smell?
- Have you had contact with a person known to be infected with COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Have you been tested for COVID-19? (*Our question, and not a reason to cancel/reschedule depending on circumstances. Appointments should not be scheduled while waiting for test results.)
We have the REME HALO® in-duct air purifier installed at our facility.
• Dual ionizers to reduce airborne particulates (dust, dander, pollen, mold spores)
• Kills up to 99% of bacteria, mold and viruses
• REME® reduces sneeze germs by 99% in the time a sneeze can reach three feet.
• New zinc ions kill 99% of viruses on surfaces
The State of Arkansas is trying to manage the spread through contact tracing. What follows is our understanding of their process and how that impacts our service. Arkansas is tracing two days prior to the test or onset of symptoms and through the results. They recommend isolation while waiting for results.
CLIENT TESTS POSITIVE: ( If a client is tested or the onset of symptoms are within two days after coming in for a session and the results are positive.)
- The Department of Health will contact the clinic
- The therapist will have to isolate for 14 days and get
- All appointments for that therapist will have to be rebooked.
- The clinic may close down for a thorough cleaning.
- Appointments would have to be rescheduled for after the cleaning.
NOTE: If you are a client, we would like to know if you test positive 7 days after an appointment. The DOH will contact us if it is within 2 days, but not beyond.
We are not actively testing our staff, but they are required to have a health check each shift, similar to clients on check-in. If at anytime a therapist exhibits any symptoms, they are removed from the schedule, clients are re-booked and the therapist is sent for testing.